[Asterisk-Users] MySQL and IAX Friends [Anyone Want the Code]

Michael Workman mworkman at imbroadcasting.net
Sun Sep 19 10:52:39 MST 2004

I have been faced with a problem

I am designing a system that users can signup VIA web and cause of firewalls
and stuff SIP is out of question.

I saw the iaxfriends for the MySQL and figured this would work nice because
I could use PHP to control MySQL but when I went to use it I found it did
not work properly and only 20% of the time it worked.

Also if client was inside network then the iaxfriends could receive calls
but outside of network he could not.

I started to look at code and rebuilt it from Ground up so it reloads all
the iaxfriends from MySQL when asterisk does a reload.

I have the code done and working now and we tested it. I have some custom
IAX Hardware phones and they connect and cal and get calls now 100% of the
time.

The new code treats iaxfriends as if they are written in the iax.conf