[Asterisk-Users] No sound from IVR scripts, yet calls placed without any problem.

Nick Barnes nick at bcn-it.co.uk
Sun Sep 19 10:19:26 MST 2004

Matt Riddell:
> This is really unlikely but is it possible he has an internal
> firewall or something and the Asterisk box is in the DMZ?

Sadly not. That's the only thing I could reasonably expect to be causing the
problems, but they're on the same LAN in the same network and there's no
firewall anywhere between them. :-(

> 1) Power is different (Extremely unlikely and PC wouldn't work)

Indeed.

> 2) LAN is different (maybe left over setting from ghost i.e bindaddr
> etc)

Another good idea, but everything's on a block of real addresses which I had
moved over to his connection, so nothing should change there either.

> Maybe a NAT problem? I.E. rtp being blocked?

I'd agree that it looks like RTP is being blocked, but there's no NAT
involved and it's starting to get really really annoying now!

> What protocol are the calls?

It seems to happen irrespective of the codec (does the same with uLAW, aLAW
and GSM).

> 3) VOIP accounts are different

Well, this is the interesting thing - the phone (SNOM 200) and asterisk box
haven't had anything changed since they were working here (well, apart from
the extra HFC card, that is).

Thanks for your comments and suggestions though - keep them coming, there's
sure to be something I missed.

I think I may just recompile * and try it all from scratch again.

Hmmmmmmm.

Nick Barnes
Senior IT Consultant.