[Asterisk-Users] Mitel 5010 +5220

slwatts at winckworths.co.uk slwatts at winckworths.co.uk
Tue Sep 14 06:33:57 MST 2004

I know this is not strictly an asterisk issue but it is related I guess.

Just to let you know that after many calls to Mitel the consensus is that
they will be releasing a new version of the 5220 that is dual boot (minet
and SIP) next week or the week after. This firmware will only appear on
NEW phones manufactured after the release date (no one could confirm but
the 23rd of sept was mentioned).

When asked if Mitel will ever plan to bring out an updated firmware for
existing phones they said they had no plans, so when I said "so does that
mean you will never bring out a downloadable firmware upgrade" the answer
was "never say never!" (very annoying!)

To configure the new phones you have to press and HOLD the up arrow whilst
plugging in the power/ethernet, you should then get the option to select
SIP.

will let you know how I get on with the 5220 with asterisk as and when I
get my phone :-)

Sam

Colin Anderson <ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com> wrote on 01/09/2004
16:36:24:

>  > I will get a packet sniffer on one in a minute....
>
> Don't bother, won't work. I already tried. Spoke to some Mitel
mucky-mucks
> too, and they said nope. You have to get Mitel's SIP-specific phone
which *is*
> a 5220 that's been reflashed. Unfortunately, I have 80 5020's which
can't be
> reflashed to SIP.
>
> Of course, I would be *very very* interested if you magically got it to
work.
> Different eyes, and all that...
>

> [attachment "ATT17674.txt" deleted by Samuel Luxford-Watts/Winckworths]
--------------
Winckworth Sherwood Solicitors and Parliamentary Agents
DX 148400 WESTMINSTER 5 : 35 Great Peter Street, London SW1P 3LR
Telephone 020 7593 5000 Fax 020 7593 5099

-Confidentiality-
This email message and any attachments are confidential; they may be subject to legal professional privilege and are intended for the named recipient only. If you are not the named recipient, please return the message and enclosures immediately and delete them from your system.

-Caution-
Before advice received only by email (whether by attachment or otherwise) may be relied on, the authenticity of the communication must be verified by means independent of email.

-Regulation-
The firm is regulated by the Law Society.

-Partners-
A list of partners is available for inspection at each office of the firm and on the firm's website at http://www.winckworths.co.uk