[Asterisk-Users] Server load capabilities

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Mon Sep 13 20:59:36 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 13:06, C. David Kading wrote:
> I Have addressed the scaling issue, according to one of the test cases I
> read, a single server should be capable of handling 50 concurrent voice
> calls. My main concern is its ability to run 15 different instances of * for
> 15 different customers simultaneously. Each client site should be able
> manage only their own connections and clients.

You cannot run 15 instances of Asterisk on the same system.  Heck, you
can't run more than one instance of Asterisk.  What you do is use
#include or include => lines to include customer managed files into
Asterisk's config files or use a database for this stuff (which is
non-trivial and I keep hearing of annoyances with database driven
configs)
--
          Eric Wieling * BTEL Consulting * 504-899-1387 x2111
"In a related story, the IRS has recently ruled that the cost of Windows