[Asterisk-Users] Server load capabilities

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Sep 13 11:20:35 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 13:06, C. David Kading wrote:
> I Have addressed the scaling issue, according to one of the test cases I
> read, a single server should be capable of handling 50 concurrent voice
> calls. My main concern is its ability to run 15 different instances of * for
> 15 different customers simultaneously. Each client site should be able
> manage only their own connections and clients.

You seem to have missed the big picture from the last message. You need
to spend a lot of time learning before you go about thinking of
deploying. Your questions don't just appear to be homework questions,
they are outright requests to do your work for you.

Your suggestions that you would run 15 instances proves you are not yet
very knowledgable about how network apps work let alone how PSTN apps
work. You don't run 15 instances of apache when you want 15 websites,
you run 1 instance of apache and set up 15 virtual servers.

In your case, you run a single asterisk instance on your coloed machine
and if you want each company to edit their own configs, you will need to
set a machine in each of their offices that service the company and let
them log back to the colo machine.