[Asterisk-Users] agents and *8 pickupgroups

Sam Tilders sam at jovianprojects.com.au
Mon Sep 13 20:00:04 MST 2004

Hi folks,

Recently we assigned our users agent id's and switched to
having them use agentcallbacklogin instead of just ringing the phones
directly.... it's been going well for the most part.

Before we gave the users agent id's we had their sip configuration
set to incominglimit=1 for one line on their phone, to prevent
call waiting beeps.

If they wanted to pick up while already on a call they had to use *8,
which we set speeddials for and gave them a second line per phone.

This worked well.

But since they have been logging on as agents the *8 has stopped working.
The log file just says "Nothing to pick up".

However, someone who is not logged in as an agent, can use *8 to
pick up the same call that didn't work for someone who was logged in.

Anyone else seen this sort of behaviour?

The pickupgroup, callgroup configuration hasn't changed since it worked
before we used agents.

- Sam

Sam Tilders
sam at jovianprojects.com.au