[Asterisk-Users] agents and *8 pickupgroups

Sam Tilders sam at jovianprojects.com.au
Fri Sep 17 19:56:07 MST 2004

Folks,

Regarding my own question below... I worked out why agents could not
pickup with *8.

When I changed to using agents as the queue members there were no
longer any channels ringing with a pickupgroup/callgroup.

The channels that were ringing were the Agent/xxx channels and
Agents themselves don't appear to have pickupgroup/callgroup settings.

The fix for this was to have a spare SIP phone ringing where that
SIP channel had pickupgroup/callgroup settings.

Now the users logged in as Agents can pick up using the *8 function
(we need this so sometimes they can pickup a second call).

Perhaps it's a bug that ringing Agent channels have no pickupgroup/callgroup
set?

- Sam