[Asterisk-Users] Aasterisk SIP<->SIP No audio

Larry Shields LJ.Shields at Verizon.net
Tue Sep 14 07:29:26 MST 2004

Could you check to see if both your SIP clients are registering with
Asterisk?  Issue the following cmd from the CLI:

*CLI> sip show peers

If your clients are properly registered you should see a similar output.

Name/username    Host            Dyn Nat ACL Mask             Port
Status
2003/2003        192.168.0.46     D          255.255.255.255  5061     OK
(13 ms)
2002/2002        192.168.0.45     D          255.255.255.255  5061     OK
(14 ms)

Next I would check your "sip.conf" file and verify that you correctly set
the "bindaddr=" option to the internal NIC. Also verify that both X-Lite
clients are pointed to the internal NIC.  I think you need to set this in
several places under the "SIP Proxy" menu.  I have it set in "Domain/Realm",
"SIP Proxy". Also Under "Silence Settings", "Transmit Silence" is set to
"Yes".

It would be helpful if you post your "sip.conf" and the Linux dist. And Win
versions with SP info.  I am not a Linux expert so maybe someone else can
comment on your iptables FW configuration.

I choose to use a LinkSys WRT54g as a FW/router and this is working out
quite well with the new QoS enabled firmware.