[Asterisk-Users] PABX & VOIP Gateway

Mon Sep 13 18:31:48 MST 2004

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:34:51 +1000, Phil Stevens
<phil.stevens at cydn.com.au> wrote:
> I'm researching the possibility of using VOIP (SIP) with an existing
> PABX system. Ideally, the setup would be to dial an outside line through
> the PABX (that would actually link to the the VOIP gateway).
>
> At this point I would prefer not to purchase a hardware-based VOIP
> gateway. I would prefer to use a software-based gateway for research &
> testing purposes. Could anyone please describe a simple setup?
>
> Naturally the connection to the gateway would have to be Austel
> approved. I have seen references to the Netjet ISDN cards? I am having
> difficulties in finding information with regards to Austel compliance.

I don't quite understand what you need Austel compliance for if all
you want to do is link to a PBX. You don't need Austel approval for
that, only if you connect directly to Telstra.

Anyway, Voicetronix is an Aussie company that makes 4, 6 and 12 port
analog boards which work with Asterisk ...

http://www.voicetronix.com.au

I also seem to remember having read about some Digium board having
obtained Austel approval quite a while ago, so you may want to ask one
of Digium's resellers in AU about that ...

http://www.austechpartnerships.com/atp/

rgds
benjk

Tokyo, Japan.