[Asterisk-Users] PABX & VOIP Gateway

Phil Stevens Phil.Stevens at cydn.com.au
Mon Sep 13 17:34:51 MST 2004

Hello,

I'm researching the possibility of using VOIP (SIP) with an existing
PABX system. Ideally, the setup would be to dial an outside line through
the PABX (that would actually link to the the VOIP gateway).

At this point I would prefer not to purchase a hardware-based VOIP
gateway. I would prefer to use a software-based gateway for research &
testing purposes. Could anyone please describe a simple setup?

Naturally the connection to the gateway would have to be Austel
approved. I have seen references to the Netjet ISDN cards? I am having
difficulties in finding information with regards to Austel compliance.

Has anyone had experiences with such setups?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.