[Asterisk-Users] TDMoE questions

Marcelo Pacheco marcelo at macp.eti.br
Sat Sep 11 20:03:15 MST 2004

Hi,

Unless you have a very large configuration, the bandwidth of a 100Mbps
ethernet will not be the issue. Theoretically you could have 10 E1's worth of
TDMoE traffic on a single 100Mbps wire. I have sucessfully used EuroISDN with
one 31 channel TDMoE (E1 is 32 64Kbps channels, where one is used for
framming, so you have 31 useable channels).

You could use Trunked IAX2 as well, the advantage is to avoid cross-coding, as
TDMoE can only use uLaw/aLaw, while trunked IAX2 can use any useable Asterisk
codec. However TDMoE to PRI/FXS/FXO connections are more efficient, as they
can use zaptel bridging.

Marcelo Pacheco