[Asterisk-Users] TDMoE questions

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Sat Sep 11 20:27:32 MST 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-11 at 21:41, Marc Storck wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to link several * boxes together. Some of them are dedicated as
> "user" servers (SIP and IAX clients connect to them) and some are used
> as PRI servers (where the PRIs are hooked onto).
>
> I think TDMoE is the only channel type where you can group different
> Interfaces into a single group.
>
> E.g. for using Dial(ZAP/g1/12345), I think you cannot group different
> IAX accounts and use them via Dial(IAX/g1/12345). Or am I wrong??

IAX with groups doesn't make sense. IAX being a network protocol is not
physical port limited like PSTN hardware. Your trick here is to
understand that you can dial via IAX from one machine to another and the
second machine then takes the incoming call and does it's own
Dial(Zap/g1/12345). Or with the use of a switch command, the IAX
connections to the other side is implied and the remote side says it can
complete the call so the "user" machine says, okay, do it.

TDMoE has a limitation of X channels per link, and some people have
noted troubles when trying to use more than one TDMoE circuit. IAX has
no trouble talking to mulitple places and multiple calls.