[Asterisk-Users] IAX not binding to the right port

Steve Maroney steve at stevenet.net
Sat Sep 11 19:24:37 MST 2004

Ahh, I just read about this somewhere. There are two versions of IAX, IAX1
and IAX2. IAX1 uses udp port 5036 and IAX2 uses udp port 4569. For what
ever reason, I guess to avoid conflict & confusion until IAX2 becomes
standard, the port is hardcoded into the source.

About the IAX working flawlessly, well thats what Mark Spencer kept in
mind. SIP doesn't play with NAT very well, so IAX is the alternative.

Thank you,
Steve Maroney