[Asterisk-Users] IAX not binding to the right port

Marconi Rivello marconirivello at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 18:51:59 MST 2004

First, I am surprised at IAX... My asterisk server is behind a
firewall, I am behind a firewall, and my iax client connected...
Voodoo??? :)

But, the firewall has one unblocked port, which I think I should set
to the IAX, so the magic won't be necessary, and it makes sense to
think that there will be less latency without the "magic layer". But,
when I set port=myport in the iax.conf, nothing happens! It still
binds to the default port...

At startup, in the IAX section, asterisk says it will be ignoring the
port setting for now... I tried different ports, with the same result.
Ignoring port for now... And the default port is bind.

Will an unblocked port make any difference? Since everything is
working the way it is? And why is there a port option if it doesn't
work?

Thanks,
Marconi.