[Asterisk-Users] Leading '0's and what do 'pri_dialplan', 'pridialplan' and 'prilocaldialplan' in zapata.conf do?

Nick Barnes nick at bcn-it.co.uk
Sat Sep 11 16:30:38 MST 2004

Hi all,

I've been batting my head against a brick wall for the best part of the day
and still haven't got any further (apart from getting a big headache, that
is). I've searched the Wiki and Googled the hours away, but I still can't
find supportive documentation.

I've just replaced my ISDN Fritz!/chan_capi setup with a HFC/Zap
configuration and had the following problems:

1 - Outbound dialed numbers had the MSD stripped off
So, I issue the command 'Dial(Zap/g1/0123456) and Zap tries to dial
'123456'. It took a bit of digging to actually work out what the problem was
in the first place, but I managed to resolve this by setting
'pridialplan=unknown' in zapata.conf.

2 - Inbound CallerIDs have the MSD stripped off (only tested with UK
numbers, where the leading '0' is removed). I have no idea whether
international callerids would be similarly treated. I cannot find any
explanation for this 'feature' at all - it doesn't seem that anybody else
has had this problem at all, so I am at a loss as to what to do.

Various documentation also talks about 'pri_dialplan' which doesn't seem to
be supported any more, and also 'prilocaldialplan' which doesn't seem to be
documented anywhere, but also doesn't seem to make any difference to this
problem.

Does anybody have any idea where I should be looking to try to find the
answers? I'm more than happy to do the reading/learning myself - all I need
is a starting point. I've tried to have a look through the code itself, but
my programming skills started to rust 15 years ago and they're almost
completely non-existant now :-(

Many thanks in advance of your help,

Nick Barnes

Asterisk version
------------------------------
CVS-HEAD-08/13/04-12:00:00-BRI-stuffed-0.1.0-RC4a

zaptel.conf
------------------------------
loadzone=uk
defaultzone=uk