[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream x Asterisk 1.0 RC1 x VOIPJet

Julio Arruda jarruda-asterisk at jarruda.com
Sat Sep 11 16:20:58 MST 2004

Sirs/Ladies,
Not sure if anyone saw anything like that before...
I was playing with an Asterisk setup with a Grandstream BT101 (1.0.5.11)
and www.voipjet.com (IAX2).
The other devices I have home (Sipura 3k and DTA-310) seem to work just
fine, but the Grandstream seems to suffer from one-way voice (remote end
can't hear me).
The only workaround I found so far (have not spoken with VOIPJet supoprt
about this), was to configure the GS entry in sip.conf to disallow=all
and allow=ilbc, while iax.conf has disallow=all, allow=ulaw mulaw and
ilbc (seems the call is established in this case, with the GS leg in
ILBC and the voipjet in ulaw).
Should I assume this would force the Asterisk to do the transcoding to
any other end-point that doesn't handle/prefer ilbc ?
What about DTMF (I've changed to 'SIP INFO' in sip.conf and the
grandstream web config) ?
[], <O-O>