[Asterisk-Users] Re: hfc-s card, brii-stuff.0.1.0-RC4a, zaphfc: sync lost, pci performance too low. you might have some cpu throtteling enabled.

Hartmut Wahl hwahl at hwahl.de
Sat Sep 11 03:55:21 MST 2004

Hi!

On Sat, Sep 11, 2004 at 10:38:48AM +0200, Maurizio Marini wrote:
> my machine did hangup as growing logs fullfilled partition

hmm I see, mine is 8G, but it has gronwn from 0.5G to 2.0G

> it does apply to asterisk, not to zaphfc :(
> it was a misleading suggestion, so
> i solved it installing in an other more powerful machine:
>
> processor       : 0
> vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
> cpu family      : 6
> model           : 8
> model name      : Pentium III (Coppermine)
> stepping        : 10
> cpu MHz         : 999.556
> cache size      : 256 KB
> fdiv_bug        : no
> hlt_bug         : no
> f00f_bug        : no
> coma_bug        : no
> fpu             : yes
> fpu_exception   : yes
> cpuid level     : 2
> wp              : yes
> flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
> cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse
> bogomips        : 1957.88
>
> with this hw i've no issues at all; even strange messages i complained about
> in my previous posts like:

ok we are getting closer, although speed shouldn't be a problem:

vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) Processor
stepping        : 4
cpu MHz         : 1059.618
cache size      : 256 KB
bogomips        : 2097.15

it is a 1,4GHz underclocked, since my ASUS A7V with KT133 does only
support 100MHz FSB, but it requires only slow and quite fans.

I think I'll try different kernels maybe something in the Debian
k7-kernel-image interferes.

Greetings
  Hartmut

--
Hartmut Wahl <hwahl (at) hwahl (dot) de>
www: http://www.hwahl.de