[Asterisk-Users] Re: hfc-s card, brii-stuff.0.1.0-RC4a, zaphfc: sync lost, pci performance too low. you might have some cpu throtteling enabled.

Maurizio Marini maumar at datalogica.com
Sat Sep 11 01:38:48 MST 2004

On Saturday 11 September 2004 10:09, Hartmut Wahl wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i have exactly the same problem.
> > Aug 24 04:47:57 weblogin kernel: zaphfc: sync lost, pci performance too
> > low. you might have some cpu throtteling enabled.
>
> I am running the card in NT-Mode, it happens some hours after zaphfc and
> asterisk are loaded. It takes a lot of CPU load for syslogging (the
> message repeats a lot) and asterisk connections are disturbed (fast

my machine did hangup as growing logs fullfilled partition

> crackling). Last time it happend it was solved by unloading asterisk and
> zaphfc and loading it again. The first time I had it I had to reboot,
> otherwise ist startet just when I startet ztcfg.
the messages repeat many times per second, syslog doesn't interval them with
familiar:
last message repeats xxxx times
who knows?

> > should i add MARCH=i586 option to asterisk/Makefile ?
>
> Did you try it, did it help? Any other hints?
it does apply to asterisk, not to zaphfc :(
it was a misleading suggestion, so
i solved it installing in an other more powerful machine:

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 8
model name      : Pentium III (Coppermine)
stepping        : 10
cpu MHz         : 999.556
cache size      : 256 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse
bogomips        : 1957.88

with this hw i've no issues at all; even strange messages i complained about
in my previous posts like:
PRI: !! Got a UA, but i'm in state 1
PRI: Double assgined TEI!
disappeared by yestarday when i changed:

;pridialplan=national
pridialplan=local

IMHO, the pci bus performance cannot be below a threshold, i cannot imagine
which could be it
i hope this may help you
	Maurizio