[Asterisk-Users] incomming call rejected using IAX2 with FWD

Marty Mastera mmastera at m3resources.com
Thu Sep 9 14:18:56 MST 2004

> Works for me, follow the instructions closer.  :)
>
> Storm D. J. Petersen wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >I cannot seem to accept incoming calls from FWD using IAX2.
> I followed the
> >directions posted at www.fwd.pulver.com/advanced/iax   I can
> make outgoing
> >calls fine using IAX via FWD.  When someone calls me from
> FWD I get the
> >following message:
> >        Chan_iax2.c:5251 socket_read: Reject connect attempt from
> >65.39.205.121
> >Any ideas?

I had similar problems getting inbound from FWD....I had to do two
things:

1) Register with FWD (pretty standard, but I'll be thorough)

; Let FWD know where to send inbound calls
register => 484162:XXXXXXXXXXX at iax2.fwdnet.net

2) Create the FWD entry in IAX.conf (note that I found the name of the
entry makes a difference....ie "iaxfwd")

[iaxfwd]
type=user
context=fwd-in
auth=rsa
inkeys=freeworlddialup

Make sure that the context you specify for incoming calls exists and has
an extension entry matching your FWD number...also I didn't try it
without the RSA keys, but my configs use them and it works, so if you
aren't currently using them you might try that...I can't remember
exactly, but I think that the keys are included in the keys directory by
default as shipped with Asterisk...

Hope that helps, feel free to call me via FWD (484162 and x200) if I can
help, it would be good to have someone to call me to test....

Marty