[Asterisk-Users] Dialing Out through Provider with Authentication

Begumisa Gerald M beg_g at eahd.or.ug
Thu Sep 9 12:03:54 MST 2004

    > But the provider also has a gateway to provide the possibility to
    > call to the pstn (and the pstn number exists) - so what i tried to
    > achive is to call an external pstn number thru that gateway.  This
    > works if i connect the xlite client directly to the provider - then
    > i can dial the external number.

Alright, I see what you mean.  Have you entered a "register" statement in
sip.conf, then? I.e something like

register => USER:SECRET at PROVIDER.COM/EXTENSION

What I understand is that this will result in your Asterisk Server
registering on that provider's server as one of its users.  Now the
question is how you dial out through this registration... Ya?  That much I
don't claim to know.  I just hope guys who have done this are reading this
thread.  I'd like to learn this too.

However try using the dial below with the above register statement in
place (don't forget to reload your Asterisk server).

exten => _7.,2,Dial(SIP/PROVIDER.COM/${EXTEN:1})

Ideas, anyone else?

Gerald