[Asterisk-Users] Re: Putting a call on hold

Deon Rodden drodden at webunited.net
Thu Sep 9 08:19:02 MST 2004

I believe this has something to do with the converter. With my
Sipura-2000 if I hit flash, it puts the person on hold and I get a new
dialtone to place a call. From there I can call another number, and if I
hit flash again, it 3 way calls them. If I hang up, it leaves the other
two people connected, so it's essentially a transfer.  However, if I
don't dial another number, and just let it sit there with the new
dial-tone, it will eventually time out and go silent, but the other
person is still on hold. When I want them back, I just hit flash again,
and I get them back. That's how I put them on hold.

I discovered with the Cisco ATA 186 it doesn't work the same way, at
least as far as transfers go. If I 3 way call, and then hang up, it
hangs up on both parties instead of leaving them connected.