[Asterisk-Users] Re: Putting a call on hold

Marconi Rivello marconirivello at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 08:06:19 MST 2004

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 20:13:45 -0300, Marconi Rivello
<marconirivello at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How do I put a call on hold? If i press # the music on hold plays to
> the other person, but asterisk asks for a number to transfer... I
> don't want to transfer, I simply want to put the person on hold, so
> he/she can hear the music while I do something, then get them off
> hold. Is it possible?
>
> The scenario: The person calls me from a SIP phone, and I receive the
> call in a regular PSTN phone, from the FXO. I don't want any of the calls
> to get disconnected.
>
> Thanks.

I managed to do what I wanted. I just changed the transferdigittimeout
value in the features.conf to a high value... So, when I want to leave
the person waiting while I do something, I just press # and leave the
phone there... When I come back, I press # again, asterisk tells me
that that's not a valid number, and gets the call back to normal. :)

Marconi.