[Asterisk-Users] Putting a call on hold

Chris Shaw chriss at watertech.com
Fri Sep 3 16:47:04 MST 2004

> How do I put a call on hold? If i press # the music on hold plays to
> the other person, but asterisk asks for a number to transfer... I
> don't want to transfer, I simply want to put the person on hold, so
> he/she can hear the music while I do something, then get them off
> hold. Is it possible?
>
> The scenario: The person calls me from a SIP phone, and I receive the
> call in a regular PSTN phone, from the FXO. I don't want any of the calls
> to get disconnected.

This is normally implemented by your analog phone with the "Hold" button. If
you don't have a hold button you can use call parking that way you can pick
the call back up from any phone... To park, simply press # and then when
Allison says "Transfer?" you dial 700. She will then read off the digits of
the parking extension where you can pick the call back up.

You need to have the [parkedcalls] context from parking.conf included in
your current context in extensions.conf for this to work properly.

e.g.

[mycontext]
include = outbound-local
include = outbound-tollfree