[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel and Linux Distros

Marconi Rivello marconirivello at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 07:52:26 MST 2004

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 11:51:09 +1000, Jamie Carl <geek at j-code.net> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Just a quick question.   Are there any known issues using the zaptel
> drivers on different linux distros?  ie: is a 2.4 kernel the only
> requirement?

I did successfully set up my X100P in 2.4 and 2.6 kernels. (just if
anybody wants to know about 2.6...)

> Anyone else using Fedora Core 1 and an X100P without issues?  It behaves
> very strangely and has the same symptoms as setting it to ground start
> signalling instead of loop start on a loop start PSTN line.  However it
> is definately set to fxsls and even fxsks has been tried.

Mine is configured as fxs_ks, since day 1. Actually, I don't have a
clue about what is the difference between them, so I just put there
what the guide said. :)

But my card sometimes gets crazy. It starts making a very loud noise,
and only comes back to normal after reloading the wcfxo module. Other
times it just locks up the line, and there's no way to dial in or out.
Again, a module restart fixes the problem.

What do you mean by "strange behaviour"? How do I know if I should set
KS, GS, or LS?

Marconi.