[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel and Linux Distros

Jamie Carl geek at j-code.net
Wed Sep 8 18:51:09 MST 2004

Hey all,

Just a quick question.   Are there any known issues using the zaptel
drivers on different linux distros?  ie: is a 2.4 kernel the only
requirement?

I ask because I have an X100P i'm still trying to get work properly and
I'm thinking there is nothing wrong with the card itself.  It's setup
correctly as far as I can tell and it used to work when I was using
RedHat 8 and 9.  But since I went to Fedora Core 1 I don't think it's
ever worked properly.

Anyone else using Fedora Core 1 and an X100P without issues?  It behaves
very strangely and has the same symptoms as setting it to ground start
signalling instead of loop start on a loop start PSTN line.  However it
is definately set to fxsls and even fxsks has been tried.

I've purchased another X100P just in case it IS a hardware issue.

tia...

--
Regards,

Jamie Carl