[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel and Linux Distros

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Thu Sep 9 07:56:23 MST 2004

Jamie Carl [geek at j-code.net] wrote:
> Just a quick question.   Are there any known issues using the zaptel
> drivers on different linux distros?  ie: is a 2.4 kernel the only
> requirement?

That should read "2.4 or later".  I'm using the Linux 2.6.8 kernel
with the Gentoo distro.  In theory, the Zaptel driver should work on
any 2.4 through 2.6-based distro.  I haven't tried 2.7.

> I ask because I have an X100P i'm still trying to get work properly and
> I'm thinking there is nothing wrong with the card itself.  It's setup
> correctly as far as I can tell and it used to work when I was using
> RedHat 8 and 9.  But since I went to Fedora Core 1 I don't think it's
> ever worked properly.
>
> Anyone else using Fedora Core 1 and an X100P without issues?  It behaves
> very strangely and has the same symptoms as setting it to ground start
> signalling instead of loop start on a loop start PSTN line.  However it
> is definately set to fxsls and even fxsks has been tried.

I have a X101P at home (using Koolstart) and that performs almost
acceptably.  I'll be dumping it in favour of a Sipura SPA-3000 soon.

I've never used Red Hat Fedora, so I can't comment on that.  Perhaps
you should try FC2 instead of FC1 or, even better, try Gentoo.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz