[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk with Primus Talkbroadband

Jon Miron nxe at rogers.com
Wed Sep 8 11:58:41 MST 2004

Jon,

Does Primus actually use MGCP though?  I've heard mix
results (though keep in mind I only became interested
in all of this earlier today, so I know very little).
I checked the specs on my dlink and it says it's SIPs
with no mention of MGCP.  However everywhere else says
Primus is not SIPs.

As far as quality, I've had mixed results as well.
One of my co-workers says it sounds horrible, but no
one else seems to notice anything.  Could be the fact
that I'm using a cordless phone though.  Incoming call
quality seems pretty good.  Even when downloading at
500K/sec+ it still seems to sound pretty good with
only minor choppiness.  My best suggestion though, is
to get it for a month or so and try it out seeing as
it's only $20/month.