[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk with Primus Talkbroadband

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Wed Sep 8 11:38:29 MST 2004

I have asked before and got no answers - I am still not clear as to why
there is not an MGCP client as part of asterisk - is it a technical
reason, no one else wants it, other ?

It is my understanding primus is using mgcp, and therefore is unable to
directly interface with asterisk, password or not.

I would like to hear your experiences with quality though since I am
considering switching to it anyway and run the dlink boxes into my channel
bank for now, and figure out the software issues later.

> Hey,
>
> I've checked all over and can't find what I need to
> know, so I'm posting here.  I want to use Asterisk
> with my Primus VoIP service but it seems I need a
> username and password to authenticate with at Primus.
> Has anyone had any experience with this?  How did you
> get it?  Is it stored somewhere in the D-Link gateway
> they gave me?  Thanks in advance and sorry if this
> makes no sense.  I'm completely new to this.

Jon Pounder

   _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/       _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/_/_/_/

Inline Internet Systems Inc.
Thorold, Ontario, Canada

Tools to Power Your e-Business Solutions
www.inline.net
www.ihtml.com
www.ihtmlmerchant.com
www.opayc.com