[Asterisk-Users] spouse-friendly spa-3000 pstn interface

Larry Shields LJ.Shields at Verizon.net
Mon Sep 6 10:12:02 MST 2004

Rich,

At first I thought it may be a setting in the SPA (and maybe it is I don't
know), but I also had this problem when using the SPA-2000 to a x100p
interface.  I don't think it is a problem with the SPA because when I am in
a conversation utilizing the VoIP trunk (VoicePulse), and a second call
comes in I get CW/CID and when I send the flash it correctly toggles between
both parties.

It is only when using the PSTN connection via x100p or SPA-3000 that I get
CW/CID and when I send the flash it gives me secondary dial-tone.  It seems
like Asterisk, which sits in-between, is misinterpreting why I am sending
the flash and thinks I want to xfer the call.  Under normal circumstances I
would want to get second dial-tone to xfer the call (though not necessary
since I use the # key to initiate xfer), but not when the system sees that
there is a "call-waiting" condition for that extension. In the case of a
waiting call I would want it to send the flash to the PSTN trunk and connect
me to the party that is waiting. I have not seen too many people complaining
about this so maybe it's just something I've mis-configured.

--Larry