[Asterisk-Users] SIP-Channels cannot be created after a while of running asterisk ...

Kai Militzer km at westend.com
Mon Sep 6 01:08:02 MST 2004

Hi list!

I've got a strange phenomen running asterisk for a while. After about
two or three days without restarts, asterisk is not able to create
SIP-Channels anymore, but gives me messages like

Sep  4 00:12:06 WARNING[7175]: Unable to allocate channel structure
Sep  4 00:12:06 NOTICE[7175]: Unable to create/find channel

A reason this happens could be "hanging" SIP-Channels, because our
SIP-upstream does not send BYEs correctly (making asterisk think the
SIP-Channel is still up, even it is down already), resulting in zombies.

Only a killing of the zombies and a restart, makes asterisk usable
again.

I'm running a RC1 (I know it's not the newest, but beside the
hanging-Channel Problem it runs OK).

Does anynone have a idea how this problem could be solved?

Best regards,

Kai

--
Kai Militzer                 WESTEND GmbH  |  Internet-Business-Provider
Technik                      CISCO Systems Partner - Authorized Reseller