[Asterisk-Users] Wildcards and variable number of digits

Karl Brose khb at brose.com
Sun Sep 5 14:33:06 MST 2004

No Brian,
The old driver scans the ENTIRE dial plan on EVERY digit dialed so no
matter where, if you have a
"." wildcard in the plan, it will match always on the first digit dialed.
It is the driver that does this.
If you use a SIP phone, or any technology that presents a complete dial
string, then you are correct
with your examples.