[Asterisk-Users] digitnetworks card issues?

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Fri Sep 3 16:35:58 MST 2004

DigitNetworks (and the like) are selling inferior, driver compatible
hardware, which is ABSOLUTELY NOT the same hardware Digium chose to be
their X100P.

If you buy a real X100P from Digium or an approved reseller, you will
not have problems.  I have solved horrid echo and feedback, flaky
reception of caller*id and one-way audio problems by simply swapping an
X100P clone for known Digium X100P card.

I don't want to get off on a rant here, but, when Digium decided to
re-market a modem, they did not just stroll into a some Electronic Mega
Super Center and pick the first modem they saw. There was quite a bit of
research and development into finding a very specific chipset for very
specific reasons.  All of the clones out there run very different
chipsets, which just happen to be driver compatible to what Digium has
added into zaptel. Some of them may work, but in my own experience many
of them do not.

I feel Digium was very creative by finding another use for seemingly
useless modem and I gladly pay them the extra few dollars to rest
assured their will be no "show stopper" problems in my own deployments.

Of course this is only my opinion, I could be wrong(tm)

Jeremy McNamara