[Asterisk-Users] digitnetworks card issues?

Lee Howard faxguy at howardsilvan.com
Fri Sep 3 10:18:25 MST 2004

On Friday, September 03, 2004 8:45 AM William Suffill wrote:

> Digitnetworks is profiting off the cards so they should support them.

I think that it wasn't so much an issue of Digitnetworks vs. Digium
supporting them, but rather Asterisk supporting them.

> If it wasn't for Digium there wouldn't be Asterisk anyway.

So what you're trying to indicate is that Asterisk should only support
Digium, and I think that many, many people here would disagree with you
on that.

> So doesn't
> that make it better to support the primary company for software that
> many of you use every day at home and work?

No, it doesn't.  Competition among hardware vendors is good for
Asterisk.

Digium GPL'ed Asterisk as a business decision, and they have profited
from that decision.  Good for them.  But, Digium's bottom-line
shouldn't be Asterisk's primary concern.

Lee.