[Asterisk-Users] Help setting 2 Offices in US and India

Ofer Dagan odagan at excite.com
Fri Sep 3 12:02:23 MST 2004

I am new to Asterisk  and VoIP. I have been given the task of setting up a telephone network in US and India. When customers call the US location, the calls should route to India (using VoIP) and handle there. The Indian location should be able to call Us numbers using the Voip to save money. The solution should be flexible enough to support initial of 5 simultaneous calls with the option to expand to 20+ within a year.

1) Can anyone direct me what is the minimum hardware needed. (or most inexpensive solution)

2) If we use dedicated T1 in both location, will the voice quality be good enough?

3) Can we use Vonage or a company like that for the voip to save on T1 cost?

Thanks for the help,
Mike