[Asterisk-Users] X100P blows up after a while (really loud noise)

Ryan Courtnage ryan at voxbox.ca
Fri Sep 3 13:38:24 MST 2004

Marconi,

Marconi Rivello wrote:
> Two days ago, I was talking on the phone from the FXO, to a SIP phone.
> After some time (like 1h30m), all of a sudden, there's a huge noise,
> like a buzz... Really loud.

You are not alone.  This problem has also been experienced by many with
tdm400p cards.

There is a thread you can read here:
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-July/053630.html

I don't think anyone knows exactly why this happens.  I've made several
calls to Digium without resolution.

Currently, all my installs are stable.  After standardizing on
Intel-only hardware, fed with filtered power.  This suggests that the
MoBo (other other HW) may be to blame.

Good luck
Ryan