[Asterisk-Users] FXO Disconnect supervision problem

Glen Johnson glen.johnson at alaska.edu
Fri Sep 3 09:22:02 MST 2004

On  September 01, 2004 12:06 PM, Scott Laird wrote:

> This brings up an interesting point--disconnect supervision *mostly* works
> for me with a X100P in the US.  The exception is when calls go to
> voicemail; I frequently end up with ~90 seconds of dialtone instead of a
> message or a clean disconnect.  This has remained constant for 6 months,
> up through RC1.

Thanks for mentioning this Scott, it made me try some different tests.

We are using Asterisk as an H323-PSTN gateway.  So the FXS interfaces are
never used, only FXO.   And it doesn't seem to matter which direction, PSTN
 > H323 or vice versa, Asterisk never catches the PSTN disconnect.

I just tried dialing from an internal line (FXS) out to a pstn number and
then hung up the far-end.  Asterisk caught it.   So it appears DS is working
when bridging Zaptel to Zaptel but not Zaptel to (some) applications and
channel drivers.   With SIP, DS appears to work when the SIP-phone calls out
and the (pstn) far-end disconnects, but not the other way around.

According to the asterisk-console, when a pstn callers connects:  after they
hang up, asterisk will always timeout and then hang up.  It never catches
the hang up when it actually happens.   And also, "zap show channel x"
reports the channel is "offhook" even though it isn't (and will still
answers calls).

At Digium-support's request, I updated to CVS-HEAD-08/31/04-07:58:19.   But
the problem persists.

Anyone else having (or had or fixed) this problem?

Cheers
Glen