[Asterisk-Users] Analogue call answer detection

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu Sep 2 14:24:20 MST 2004

I've just been doing some tests using the manager API to originate an
outgoing call via a X100P and connect the call to an extension:

Action: Originate
Channel: Zap/1/01234567890
Context: local-extensions
Exten: 6000

I've noticed that extension is getting called as soon as the outgoing
call has been placed, rather than when it is answered.

Is the X100P capable of detecting when the call has been answered?
If not, can the FXO module for the TDM400P do so?

What about detecting busy or congenstion?

I'm on a BT line in the UK, if that is significant.

I will soon be doing the same thing over a T1 or E1 line instead. Can I
be sure that answer will be correctly detected in that case, and that
the internal extension won't be called until that happens?

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield