[Asterisk-Users] X100P + Call-Waiting - Flash how-to.

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Sep 2 06:33:28 MST 2004

> I'm pretty sure someone must have done this before but I couldnt find any
> trace of it on the web so I thought I would drop a note about how I ended up
> doing it. I have also posted this info on voip-info.
>
> Warning : This is not very elegant and I'm currently trying to write a patch
> in order to make it better but so far, this the only way I've gotten this to
> work.
>
> Scenario :
> I have an asterisk box with an X100P card. When my phone line rings, it ring
> my SIP Phone (a Cisco 7940).
> I've got a call-waiting feature on my line and couldnt figure out how to
> trigger a flash in order to go from one call to another.
>
> Solution :
>
> 1st - The inbound context (in extensions.conf of course)
> [pstninbound]
> exten=>s,1,Dial(SIP/cisco7940,40|Tt)
> exten=>s,2,Voicemail(u1000)
> exten=>s,3,Voicemail(b1000)
>
> The Tt option will allow you to transfer by hitting the # key.
>
> 2nd - The flash extension
>
> Now, somewhere in your extensions file, create a context that similar to
> this :
>
> exten=>604,1,Flash()
> exten=>604,2,Dial(SIP/cisco7940)
>

> By transfering a ZAP call to that extension, the line is flashed before
> ringing back to you.
>
> There are 2 ways to use this setup : Either by using the # key on an inbound
> call, or by using the BlndXfr key (if you do so, you can actually take the
> Tt our of the Dial sequence in your inbound context).
>
> When hearing the call-waiting tones, just blind transfer the call to
> extension 604. You ZAP channel will be flashed and it will ring back to you.
>
> Hope this helps.

A _long_ time ago someone published a list of dial codes buried in
asterisk that supposedly had some of these functions. Something like
*8# = call pickup, *73 = pstn call forwarding, *78 = pstn flash, etc.
(I just made up those codes, they aren't real, and I can't find
that list now.)

Does anyone have that list and is flash embedded in that? I'm thinking
it was.

Rich