[Asterisk-Users] X100P + Call-Waiting - Flash how-to.

Guillaume Giraudon Guillaume.Giraudon at nucleosphere.com
Wed Sep 1 14:48:47 MST 2004

Hi all

I'm pretty sure someone must have done this before but I couldnt find any
trace of it on the web so I thought I would drop a note about how I ended up
doing it. I have also posted this info on voip-info.

Warning : This is not very elegant and I'm currently trying to write a patch
in order to make it better but so far, this the only way I've gotten this to
work.

Scenario :
I have an asterisk box with an X100P card. When my phone line rings, it ring
my SIP Phone (a Cisco 7940).
I've got a call-waiting feature on my line and couldnt figure out how to
trigger a flash in order to go from one call to another.

Solution :

1st - The inbound context (in extensions.conf of course)
[pstninbound]
exten=>s,1,Dial(SIP/cisco7940,40|Tt)
exten=>s,2,Voicemail(u1000)
exten=>s,3,Voicemail(b1000)

The Tt option will allow you to transfer by hitting the # key.

2nd - The flash extension

Now, somewhere in your extensions file, create a context that similar to
this :

exten=>604,1,Flash()
exten=>604,2,Dial(SIP/cisco7940)

By transfering a ZAP call to that extension, the line is flashed before
ringing back to you.

There are 2 ways to use this setup : Either by using the # key on an inbound
call, or by using the BlndXfr key (if you do so, you can actually take the
Tt our of the Dial sequence in your inbound context).

When hearing the call-waiting tones, just blind transfer the call to
extension 604. You ZAP channel will be flashed and it will ring back to you.

Hope this helps.

G.