[Asterisk-Users] Mysql support

Claus Lavdal Lav at psykiatri.aaa.dk
Thu Oct 28 23:21:43 MST 2004

I'm setting up Asterisk in a large organisation.

I'm a little worried about reload (or restart graceful) every time I
have to
add/move/change one SIP user.

I have been looking for the implementation of mysql, but I cannot find
some
good advise on the wiki.

If I add MYSQL_FRIENDS - will I then be able to add users to the Mysql
db
and asterisk without thinking of reloading asterisk? And what can the
mysql
db contain? (http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+sip+mysql+peers).
What
about e.g. "type" and "mailbox"? And what about when I have to use the
dbget
and dbput in my dialplan for advance options - will it use the db1
database
or the Mysql?

Can anyone enlighten me or give me some good advice?

In time we will have more than 1000 users and have to minimize the
maintains.

Best regards.

Claus Lavdal