[Asterisk-Users] Do I *need* to compile zaptel?

Jean-Michel Hiver hiver.j at wanadoo.fr
Thu Oct 28 23:48:31 MST 2004

Hi List,

I have installed a debian system through a knoppix CD and the knx2hd
tool. I am using 2.6.7 kernel because 2.4 doesn't seem to support the
network card I have in the box - which is a drag: from what I have read
so far asterisk works better with 2.4.

After doing a apt-get update && apt-get upgrade, I apt-get installed the
following packages:

libzap-dev libzap1 zaptel zaptel-source asterisk asterisk-dev
asterisk-doc asterisk-sound

Now I don't have any digium hardware in this box, so I wanted to use the
ztdummy driver before starting asterisk. However 'modprobe ztdummy'
tells me that module ztdummy is not found.

Is there a way to install ztdummy pre-compiled or is it necessary to
compile it?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.