[Asterisk-Users] Re: Re: Using AVM C4 with fewer than four lines?

Reinhard Max max at suse.de
Thu Oct 28 06:52:52 MST 2004

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 at 14:08, Louis van Dompselaar wrote:

> It's already at devices=2 but that doesn't make a difference.

Sorry, I was looking at the wrong place and drawing the wrong
conclusions ...

> I think chan_capi sees the C4 as one single device with four
> controllers.

A "device" corresponds to a B-chanel in capi.conf. See the capi.conf
form chan_capi source tarball - it uses devices=2 for BRI lines, and
devices=30 for PRI lines.

So the C4 appears to chan_capi as 4 controllers with 2 devices each.

You need to set up a separate interface section for each "controller"
that is actually in use, and just skip the rest:

[interfaces]

; The first controller
msn=...
controller=1
devices=2

; The second controller
msn=...
controller=2
devices=2

> Contr1: 2 B channels total, 2 B channels free.
> Contr2: 2 B channels total, 2 B channels free.
> Contr3: 2 B channels total, 2 B channels free.
> Contr4: 2 B channels total, 2 B channels free.

"capi info" reports all the CAPI devices that exist in the system, but
that doesn't mean it is really using them all.

If you start Asterisk in verbose mode "asterisk -vc" , you should see
a warning like this for every unused CAPI controller:

Oct 28 15:41:04 WARNING[1076791936]: chan_capi.c:2786 load_module: Unused contr2

This is what I get on a system with a C2 card where only one of the
two controllers is configured in capi.conf.

cu
	Reinhard