[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk to Asterisk using SIP?

Mark Phillips kc2eni at nyc-ares.org
Wed Oct 27 18:32:50 MST 2004

Simple. Write the below line into your extensions.conf (modifying where
required) and you're off.

exten => 100,1,Dial(SIP/100 at other_machine's_address

The corresponding extension on the target * box must exist as an entry
in the sip.conf file. This is also where you define the context.

Hope that helps and don't shoot me if I have it all wrong

Mark

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 20:44, Blaine Cook wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a bit of a conundrum that I'm not quite sure how to resolve. I'm
> trying to place calls from one Asterisk server to another, with no
> other SIP devices present. The purpose is for load testing. I've tried
> various configurations, and none of them seem to get me any closer.
> Usually I get 404 Not Found or 403 Forbidden errors.
>
> I have two contexts: [from-sip] and [to-sip]  .. What I want to do is
> use a call file like:
>
> Channel: SIP/outbound
> Context: to-sip
> Extension: s
>
> on the machine placing the calls, that would connect to the second
> machine, that would receive the call and place it in the [from-sip]
> context.
>
> I'm sure the configs for this are very simple, but I'm at a loss as to
> what they are. Extensive searches for examples have come up fruitless.
>
> thanks for any assistance!
>
> blaine.

Mark Phillips, G7LTT/KC2ENI
Randolph, NJ