[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk to Asterisk using SIP?

Blaine Cook blaine at altern.org
Wed Oct 27 20:04:55 MST 2004

I'm able to place calls; I'm doing that with the call file instead
(placing it into the outgoing spool).. My problem is that I'm not sure
what sip.conf should look like.

Part of my problem I think is that I'm very confused as to how to
direct incoming calls to the correct context, and how to get
authentication going properly.

Here are the relevant (I think!) bits:

asterisk incoming                                                     |
        asterisk outgoing

sip.conf:
       |         sip.conf:

register => user:userpw at outgoing/s                  |        [user]

             |          type=user
[outgoing]
     |          context=from-sip
type=peer
   |         secret=userpw
context=to-sip

host=asteriskoutgoing                                           |

extensions.conf:                                                      |
        extensions.conf:

[to-sip]
        |        [from-sip]

extension => s,1,Playback(test)                          |
extension => s,1,Answer
extension => s,2,Wait(3)                                       |
extension => s,2,Record(temp:gsm)
extension => s,3,Playback(test2)                        |
extension => s,3,Playback(test3)
extension => s,4,Hangup                                     |
extension => s,4,Record(temp:gsm)

           |         extension => s,5,Hangup

/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/call:                        |

Channel: SIP/outgoing                                         |
Context: to-sip                                                        |
Extension: s

What am I doing wrong here?!

Sorry for the formatting, I hope it will be more clear with the configs
side-by-side. I've attached the two configs in case it's more
convenient.

Thanks!

blaine.