[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk to Asterisk using SIP?

Blaine Cook blaine at altern.org
Wed Oct 27 17:44:52 MST 2004

Hi all,

I have a bit of a conundrum that I'm not quite sure how to resolve. I'm
trying to place calls from one Asterisk server to another, with no
other SIP devices present. The purpose is for load testing. I've tried
various configurations, and none of them seem to get me any closer.
Usually I get 404 Not Found or 403 Forbidden errors.

I have two contexts: [from-sip] and [to-sip]  .. What I want to do is
use a call file like:

Channel: SIP/outbound
Context: to-sip
Extension: s

on the machine placing the calls, that would connect to the second
machine, that would receive the call and place it in the [from-sip]
context.

I'm sure the configs for this are very simple, but I'm at a loss as to
what they are. Extensive searches for examples have come up fruitless.

thanks for any assistance!

blaine.