[Asterisk-Users] Gentoo

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Tue Oct 26 12:37:43 MST 2004

Thanks for the help-offer, but I think the disadvantages of being a
linux-idiot and attempting a very ambitious install, such as Gentoo,
outweigh the few advantages which Gentoo may or may not award me.  Since
this is a home-office PBX, I can afford a slightly less than optimal
kernel which (in Mandrake's case) only takes an hour or two to install.
My foray into Gentoo was painful, and it seemed to be hitting on all
kinds of hardware issues.

More to the point: I'm not smart enough to install Gentoo, but I'm smart
enough to admit defeat and move on.

:)