[Asterisk-Users] Gentoo

Stefan de Konink skinkie at xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 26 11:15:00 MST 2004

Jay Milk wrote:
> I have *read* that Gentoo would be a good distro for Asterisk or any
> other servers which require optimal kernels and stable operation.  I
> also know for a fact that some users here are running Asterisk on
> Gentoo.  I have attempted several Gentoo installs (one Phase-1, one
> Phase-2, and three Phase-3) last month, but have not been successful in
> creating an operational server.

All the servers I've installed from phase - 1, mainly mail/webservers,
run bright and shiny with linux2.6/glibc-nptl and that kind of stuff.
The only problem that will happen with installing Asterisk is the __user
cumma in ixjuser.h.

So if you post your problem here or on the gentoo forums/buzilla you
probably get the help you need.

Stefan