[Asterisk-Users] Problem getting zaprtc installed on a mandrake9.2

Thomas Hupfeldt condor-9 at mail.dk
Tue Oct 26 10:29:04 MST 2004

Kristian Kielhofner wrote:

> Do a rpm -q kernel and rpm -q kernel-source and make sure that they
> match.  Do modprobe rtc and see if it loads.  Check and make sure that
> /usr/src/linux is valid and points to the correct location.  Many times
> redhat and mandrake distros setup /usr/src/linux-2.4 but not the
> /usr/src/linux symlink.

Thanks for the fast reply..

Hmm.. in some way, i think there is something wrong..

If I run rpm -q kernel and kernel-source i get the message:
Package is not installed..

I the used the graphical interface, and got them installed.
Now i get the message:
rpm -q kernel: Not installed
and
rpm -q kernel-source: kernel-source-2.4.22-37mdk

When i run modprobe rtc, nothing happens.

In the linux (/usr/src/ vi linux), there is this line: "=
/usr/src/linux-2.4.22-37mdk/
and there are a directory called linux-2.4.22-37mdk/

If i has midunderstood something, please give me a hint..

Best Regards
Thomas Hupfeldt.