[Asterisk-Users] Problem getting zaprtc installed on a mandrake9.2

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Tue Oct 26 10:41:02 MST 2004

Thomas Hupfeldt wrote:

> Thanks for the fast reply..
>
> Hmm.. in some way, i think there is something wrong..
>
> If I run rpm -q kernel and kernel-source i get the message:
> Package is not installed..
>
> I the used the graphical interface, and got them installed.
> Now i get the message:
> rpm -q kernel: Not installed
> and
> rpm -q kernel-source: kernel-source-2.4.22-37mdk
>
> When i run modprobe rtc, nothing happens.
>
> In the linux (/usr/src/ vi linux), there is this line: "=
> /usr/src/linux-2.4.22-37mdk/
> and there are a directory called linux-2.4.22-37mdk/
>
> If i has midunderstood something, please give me a hint..
>
> Best Regards
> Thomas Hupfeldt.

Thomas,

	You want to make sure that /usr/src/linux points to
/usr/src/linux-2.4.22-37mdk.  Do this as root:

ln -s /usr/src/linux-2.4.22-37mdk /usr/src/linux

On Mandrake standard kernels, I don't think that rtc is a module by
default.  Do this after running the above command:

grep -i rtc /usr/src/linux/configs/*

and if CONFIG_RTC=y, then you need to recompile your kernel so that
CONFIG_RTC=m.

Do this by doing uname -r and seeing which kernel you have.  Copy that
config from /usr/src/linux/configs to /usr/src/linux/.config  Then:

1) cd /usr/src/linux
2) vi .config (change CONFIG_RTC=y to CONFIG_RTC=m)
3) Change the Makefile so that EXTRAVERSION (line 4) reflects your new
version
4) make oldconfig && make oldconfig && make dep && make install
5) make sure that /boot/grub/grub.conf shows your new kernel
6) reboot
7) if everything morks, make the new kernel the default by updating
/boot/grub/grub.conf
8) Try to rebuild zaprtc.

--
Kristian Kielhofner