[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk as a simple Message Store and Forward that Sends VoiceMail to a Group.

Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT) Seshu.Kanuri at morganstanley.com
Tue Oct 26 08:40:57 MST 2004

I have this need to have my customers store their messages for me in
different
VoiceMail folders by dialing a seperate extension ( one for each such
customer).

Example: I have customer Anne ( Extn - 101) and Customer Jack (Extn -
102)

I want to provide them two Voicemail Boxes to store their messages Say
- 801 and 802

Anne's VoiceMail:
------------------------
Anne shall dial 801 to store her voicemail. As soon as she dials, she
should get a prompt that says "welcome blah.. Please Save your message".
The Phone should not ring for someone to pick up.

At the end of the message it shall say " Thanks and Good Bye"

Then a copy of the message  gets forwarded to the default email address
defined for Extension 801.

Customer Support Desks shall have extensions 801 and 802 configured as
their extensions. These help desk agents should also be able to retrieve
the messages from the VoiceMail folder, if they want.

 All that the help desk agents can do shall be listen to the message and
be able to call the customer  at extension 101 for any clarifications.

Is anyone using Asterisk for  this type of application? Can anyone
suggest the Confs needed.

I am sure that we can do this as a normal dial to any extension with
some rings on no answer and then a prompt that says " No one is
available..." and then goes to a voicemail.

I need to change that default so that
        1) there will be no rings at the extension 801
        2) different prompt is played
        3) a copy of the Voice file is sent and a copy is kept in the
voicemail folder

Thanks in advance.

Seshu Kanuri